HBase, mail # dev - reason to do major compaction after split

Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 23:22
Hmm... ranges sounds good, but for files, it would be nice if there were a
hardlink mechanism.
It should be trivial to do in HDFS if blocks could belong to several files.
Then we don't have to have private cleanup code.