Avro >> mail # user >> Update Jackson dependencies?

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-03-01, 08:34
Re: Update Jackson dependencies?
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> avro 1.7.4 still depends on Jackson 1.8.x, which is quite old now.
>
> Is it planned to update that dependency to 2.1.x? This is what I use,
> and when some parse exceptions are reported, I get NoSuchMethodErrors
> on methods which didn't exist in 1.8.x but do in 2.1.x.

No, I was wrong. 2.1.x is not the dependency causing trouble. My
project depends on another one which uses 1.9, this is why I get this.

Excluding jackson-* dependencies from the avro dependency makes things work OK.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com