HBase >> mail # user >> Using put for nullifying qualifiers

+
Kristoffer Sjögren 2012-05-22, 16:55
+
Tom Brown 2012-05-22, 18:30
Re: Using put for nullifying qualifiers
Thanks, sounds like that should do it.

So im guessing it is correct to assume that _all_ KeyValues added to a
_single_ Put operation will either wholely succeed or wholely fail as long
as they belong to the same row?

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think you can include a delete with a put and keep it atomic.
> You could include a null version of the column with your put, though,
> for a similar effect.
>
> --Tom
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Kristoffer Sjögren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to use Put operations to replace ("set") already existing rows
> > by nullify certain columns and qualifiers as part of an Put operation.
> >
> > The reason I want to do this is 1) keep the operation atomic/consistent
> 2)
> > avoid latency from first doing Delete then Put.
> >
> > Is there some way to do this kind of operation?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Kristoffer

+
Ted Yu 2012-05-22, 20:45