HDFS, mail # user - Changing where HDFS stores its data

Re: Changing where HDFS stores its data
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-06-19, 00:12
In hdfs-site.xml you should specify
dfs.namenode.name.dir
for NameNode stoareg directories or / and
dfs.datanode.data.dir
for DataNode storage

Changing temporary directory location changes the default for storage
directories.
Which should also work. You might want to check the message the NameNode
loggs when it fails.

Thanks,
--Konstantin