Accumulo, mail # user - Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4

+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 06:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-15, 06:51
+
Mike Drob 2013-05-15, 06:53
Re: Cancelling queued compactions in Accumulo 1.4
John Vines 2013-05-15, 06:56
I do not believe there is a way to tell a tserver to cancel all
compactions. It would be a nice feature though. Mind putting on a ticket?

Sorry for the dupe mike, missed hitting reply all

On May 14, 2013 11:54 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can I leave the ones that are already running and just dispose of the
> queued compactions? If not, that seems like a pretty serious limitation.
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if it's possible. Scheduling a compaction is an entry in the
>> metadata table. But once it gets triggered, there are then compactions
>> scheduled locally for the tserver. You might be able to delete the flag and
>> bounce all the tservers to stop it, but I can't say for certain.
>>
>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.
>> On May 14, 2013 11:48 PM, "Mike Drob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Somebody (totally not me) accidentally kicked off a full table
>>> compaction using Accumulo 1.4.3.
>>>
>>> There's a large number of them waiting and the queue is decreasing very
>>> slowly - what are my options for improving the situation. Ideally, I would
>>> be able to just cancel everything and then come back with a more precise
>>> approach.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike

+