Avro >> mail # dev >> 1.4.0 release soon?

Re: 1.4.0 release soon?
AVRO-230 (shared directory with test schemas) would be great, but I'm not
sure it's a blocker. Do we want to make AVRO-570 (Python implementation of
MapReduce) a blocker? I can see the pros (suss out sharp edges in the
implementation) and cons (it's a new feature that's going to take a bit of
work to implement).

I've added AVRO-588 (Avro usable and testable on Python 2.4). I'll need to
augment the Python RPC to handle system errors correctly after AVRO-573 goes
in, so I've filed AVRO-599 as a blocker as well. Lastly, I've been meaning
to get to AVRO-528 (Twisted support) and AVRO-283 (change Python
implementation from dictionaries to objects) forever, so the release seems
as good as ever.

If anyone has Python chops and wants to help with the release, please
volunteer now! I'm also in IRC as "hammer" all day.