Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release

+
Thomas Graves 2013-01-29, 14:29
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-01-29, 20:29
+
Jason Lowe 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-02-06, 06:41
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-02-05, 16:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-05, 15:08
+
Thomas Graves 2013-02-05, 15:04
+
Daryn Sharp 2013-02-05, 16:06
+
Mahadev Konar 2013-02-05, 16:46
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-05, 18:40
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-05, 19:03
+
Thomas Graves 2013-02-05, 20:19
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-02-05, 21:03
Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release
I had not set hadoop.security.group.mapping in my config.  I was inheriting
ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping from core-default.xml.

I'm wondering if this is something a bit different.  I only see the problem
when running "hadoop fs -cat".  I haven't seen it from any other command.

For further testing, I did try
setting JniBasedUnixGroupsMappingWithFallback in my config to see what
would happen.  When I do that, every command I run displays the warning.
 Switching back to ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping, the warning only appears
for "hadoop fs -cat" and no other commands.

Thanks,
--Chris

+
Thomas Graves 2013-02-06, 01:38