Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop + cygwin

Re: Hadoop + cygwin
Masoud 2011-11-04, 01:42
Dear Joey,

as you know when installing cygwin in new version of windows- for ssh to
localhost- a new user created by cygwin (cyg_server). my main user is
Administrator.
I run namenode -fomat and dfs created in /tmp/Administrator-hadoop/ ~~~
.But tasktracker started by cyg_server and makes again
/tmp/cyg_server-hadoop/~~~
I tried these :

  * I installed cygwin again and by some way i changed the cyg_server to
    Administrator.now tasktracker is ran by Administrator to, but same
    error.
  * i changed hadoop.tmp.dir to the inside of cygwin dir, again same error.

*i think* the problem is related to Java, it makes HFDS based on windows
path and permission. when i checked the hdfs permission under cygwin is
--------- means nothing !!!!
and then by running tasktracker it wana change the permission according
to the Linux permission so it can't.
i dont know what is the solution, ..... im playing with this issue
around 4 days but no result.

BS.
Masoud