Accumulo >> mail # user >> timestamp order

Re: timestamp order
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Venkat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It looks like versioningiterator gives me the past versions for a cell
>  .... but I need to look across rows ..
>
> I am inserting time series data for set of machines into accumulo and i am
> using a combo of machineid + timestamp as the row ID and metric as the cq.
>  So for me to get the last time a metric has been inserted for an asset, i
> need to look across row IDs and get the last 5 rows that got inserted with
> that metric ...

You could consider sorting your data such that the most recent timestamps
come first.   If you insert (machineid + (999999999999 - timestamp)).   To
get the 5 most recent row, start scanning at (machineid + 999999999999) and
stop when you have 5 rows.   I picked a completely arbitrary number of 9's
for the example, not sure what time resolution its appropriate for.