HBase >> mail # user >> Reverse timestamp

+
Mark 2011-08-20, 01:39
+
lars hofhansl 2011-08-20, 05:26
Re: Reverse timestamp
Hi Mark,

Here is an example for generating reverse timestamps. Hope it helps:

http://devblog.streamy.com/2009/04/23/hbase-row-key-design-for-paging-limit-offset-queries/

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HBase maps (row-key, column family name, column, timestamp) to a value.
>
> The KeyValues are also sorted by the same attributes in reverse timestamp
> order.
>
> The default timestamp is the current time, but you can set any long value
> (which does not need correlate in any way to the time domain)
> as the time stamp and hence define your own ordering within multiple
> version of the same row key.
>
> See Put: Put(byte[] row, long ts).
>
> Is that what you meant?
>
> -- Lars