HBase, mail # user - How to configure in eclipse?

Re: How to configure in eclipse?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-10, 23:40
After many tries and retries I found something which is working pretty well.

I'm posting here just in case someone is searching for the same thing...

So, to configure HBase in eclipse for the first time, install the
Maven and the SVN plugins.

The from Eclipse, do Import... >> Maven >>  Check out Maven Projects from SCM.

There, click on "m2e Marketplace" and install the Subversive connector.

Then do it again:

The from Eclipse, do Import... >> Maven >>  Check out Maven Projects from SCM.

Select SVN on the SCM URL and past
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase/trunk on the text box. Clic
finish and wait...

Wait... wait... It can takes 10 minutes before the next step! You
might be able to see on the status bar that eclipse is working, but
you will think it just closed the window and did not do anything. Just
continue to wait. After a long time it will download the SVN
repository, will find the Maven setup and will all configure and
download correctly...

And then you will have HBase setup correctly on Eclipse with the
ability to run the test and gerenate the patchs.

Was long, but at least now it's working! ;)

JM