Pig >> mail # dev >> Whitespace changes in patches (i.e. please comment on PIG-3008)

Whitespace changes in patches (i.e. please comment on PIG-3008)
Howdy y'all, I was hoping we could get a discussion going around this JIRA:

And it has also come up in the RB for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3006 (see Cheolsoo's overall
comments here https://reviews.apache.org/r/7734/)

I largely agree with Cheolsoo, but it would possibly break more patches. We
need a policy around this though because there is some really gnarly code
and it looks frankly unprofessional and gross, and it's not really anyone's
fault except successive diff -w.

Jon