Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4
+1

- MD5s and SHA1s, ok (thank you, maven staging repo and ctubbsii. See
more below)
- GPG sigs good.
- Source release builds and runs, looks good in regards to what we are
required to publish
- Ran functional tests
- Did a once-over on the user manual

Unexpected things:
- simple.largeRow.LargeRowTest and simple.split.DeleteSplit failed (I
don't believe these are new; general overly-specific timings)
- I never did anything with ACCUMULO-1182 [1] (developer manual lists
the version as 1.3), thus the developer manual is probably just ready
for the trash given Keith's comment on that ticket and the fact that it
has 3 unwritten chapters...

As for the MD5 and SHA1 hashes, Christopher explained to me today that
these are actually generated by the Maven staging repository
(Christopher wouldn't have md5/sha1 hashes for his sigs, ludicrous!). I
wrote up a little script [2] that will pull down the entire staging
repo, make one file for the md5s and one file for the sha1s, and then
call md5sum/sha1sum on the respective, correctly formatted file.

Thanks again, Christopher, for taking time to clean up the release
process. This looks awesome.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1182
[2] http://people.apache.org/~elserj/accumulo/verify-staging-checksums.sh