Hadoop >> mail # user >> Database to use with Hadoop

+
Mark Kerzner 2009-10-13, 22:12
+
Amandeep Khurana 2009-10-13, 22:19
Re: Database to use with Hadoop
Hey Mark,

You will probably get some mileage from
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=2571.

Regards,
Jeff

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Amandeep Khurana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can put into Hbase. Or you can use the DBOutputFormat and interface
> with
> an RDBMS.
>

> Amandeep Khurana
> Computer Science Graduate Student
> University of California, Santa Cruz
>

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Mark Kerzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I run Elastic MapReduce. The output of my application is a text file,
> where
> > each line is essentially a set of fields. It will fit very nicely into a
> > simple database, but which database
> >
> >   1. Is persistent after cluster shutdown;
> >   2. Can be written to by many reducers?
> >
> > Amazon SimpleDB could do - but does it work with Hadoop?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Mark

+
Mark Kerzner 2009-10-13, 22:44