Hadoop >> mail # user >> rack awarness unexpected behaviour

Re: rack awarness unexpected behaviour
Doing that will balance the block writing but I think here you loose the
concept of physical rack awareness.
Let's say you have 2 physical racks, one with 2 servers and one with 4. If
you artificially tell hadoop that one rack has 3 servers and the other 3 you
are loosing the concept of rack awareness. You're not guaranteeing that each
physical rack contains at least a replica of each block.

So if you have 2 racks with different number of servers, it's not possible
to do proper rack awareness without filling the disks of the rack with less
servers first. Am I right or am I missing something?