From: Anthony Ikeda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 2:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hive does not run - Typical NoSuchFieldError

Yeah I get this. I've tried the different branches in the GitHub repository (cassandra-0.7, cassandra-1.0, etc) but all seem to yield the same issue. Even the 0.9.0 tar.gz download is exhibiting these issues and I don't think that is actually using cassandra jar files. I might also look at the version of Hadoop I have set -0 currently I have hadoop-0.20.205.0 but I'm trying to locate the base antlr Lexer class that defines the "type" field but so far no luck - it doesn't exist.

As in the Hive.g file there is no top level variable for "type".

I could fall back to CQL but there are a lot of features (e.g. JSON parsing) in Hive that I was hoping to make use of.

I'll also see if I can build just the 'ql' project independently.

Anthony