Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib

Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-02-17, 21:21
hdfsproxy is a wrapper around hftpFileSystem (in its current state).
So you can always replace hdfsproxy with hftpFileSystem.
Also it uses pure FileSystem api, so it can successfully be maintained
outside of hdfs.

Therefore I am +1 removing it from hdfs/contrib.

What is the use case for hdfsproxy anyways?
Thanks,
--Konstantin