Hadoop, mail # general - Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-16, 06:41
+
lohit 2012-11-16, 20:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 21:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 23:34
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-16, 23:38
+
Stack 2012-11-17, 05:34
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:22
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-11-19, 18:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-19, 19:08
+
Tom White 2012-11-20, 12:41
+
lohit 2012-12-03, 18:02
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-04, 14:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-06, 02:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 02:03
+
Arun Murthy 2012-12-05, 02:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 21:26
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-19, 19:39
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-20, 05:18
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-19, 20:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-18, 19:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 04:15
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 04:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 05:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 05:07
+
Heather Bales 2012-12-19, 16:15
+
Prabakaran Krishnan 2012-12-19, 11:26
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-19, 14:10
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 14:52
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-01-16, 18:30
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 18:38
Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-25, 00:35
I'd like to get in 2.0.3 the JIRAs that enable pluggable shuffle and
pluggable sort: MAPREDUCE-4049, MAPREDUCE-4809, MAPREDUCE-4807 &
MAPREDUCE-4808

Unless I hear otherwise, I'd be merging those commits in branch-2 tomorrow
mid afternoon PST.

Thx
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Seems reasonable since it's a small patch and has had one round of review.
>
> I spoke to Todd yesterday and he seemed to think it can be pushed in
> fairly soon too. So that's two of you.
>
> Anyway, since I'm still awaiting HADOOP-9215 too, I'd appreciate if we can
> get HDFS-4404 committed asap.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Suresh Srinivas wrote:
>
> > Arun,
> >
> > HDFS-4404 is not marked as a blocker. It is a serious bug and I would
> like
> > to make it a blocker. Let me know if you are okay.
> >
> > If folks do not want to hold the release for that fix, lets at least try
> > capture that in release notes and try get that fix into 2.0.4.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Suresh
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Happy new year folks!
> >>
> >> I'm glad to see that we are down to the last couple of blockers I hope
> we
> >> can resolve in the next 24-hrs or so.
> >>
> >> Once done, I'll create a branch-2.0.3-alpha to unblock branch-2 for
> >> commits targeted towards the next release, create the new fix-versions
> in
> >> jira and spin the RC.
> >> Committers - after the branch is created, please use only the new
> >> fix-version (2.0.4) and check with me before you commit to
> >> branch-2.0.3-alpha. Thanks.
> >>
> >> As always, I'd appreciate help to resolve any unexpected surprises and
> >> also to help verify the RC.
> >>
> >> Hopefully we can start the new year with a great release, there are lots
> >> of goodies in 2.0.3-alpha.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Arun

> >> YARN-142/MAPREDUCE-4067. There are other apis we should clean up, but
> none
> >> as egregious as those two.

> >> get it done sometime in Jan... thus targetting 2.0.4 (as a beta?). By
> then
> >> we'll also have wider rollouts of YARN and would have fixed some more
> >> issues we've seen at very high scale deployments at Y!. Sounds like the
> >> right time to do a beta release to me.

> >> thoughts
> me
> point

> timeframe,

Alejandro
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-28, 23:11
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-29, 16:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-29, 17:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-31, 05:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-31, 05:15
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-11-17, 00:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-17, 04:27
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:27
+
Mariappan Asokan 2012-11-19, 17:18
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-11-19, 17:45