Hive, mail # user - Hive Meta Information

+
Ladda, Anand 2012-03-30, 22:06
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-03-31, 06:50
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-03-31, 15:09
Re: Hive Meta Information
Thiruvel Thirumoolan 2012-04-02, 09:47
> 1.       recent users of table,
> 2.       top users of table,

Hive metastore has audit support (HIVE-1948). While what Edward suggests
will be accurate, audit log might give you a superset of that, it will
also include "desc table" requests.

Thiruvel

On 3/31/12 8:39 PM, "Edward Capriolo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>hive does not capture this information.
>
>I have a tool on github that connects to the JobTracker and pulls stat
>information.
>
>https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/hadoop_cluster_profiler
>
>It would be pretty easy to add code to record some of information you
>are looking for.
>
>Hive is close to #4 with a statistics DB used for indexing/query planning.
>
>Edward
>
>On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>> Anand,
>>
>> I doubt this information is readily available in hive as this is not
>>meta
>> information rather access information.
>>
>> For number of records in a table you can just run a query like select
>> count(1) from table;
>>

>> For the access details on table data, you will need to process hadoop
>>logs
>> and based on that you can figure out who accessed the data and how
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nitin
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Ladda, Anand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do I get the following meta information about a table
>>>
>>> 1.       recent users of table,
>>>
>>> 2.       top users of table,
>>>
>>> 3.       recent queries/jobs/reports,
>>>
>>> 4.       number of rows in a table
>>>

>>> I don¹t see anything either in DESCRIBE FORMATTED or SHOW TABLE
>>>EXTENDED
>>> LIKE commands.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Anand