HDFS >> mail # user >> Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?

Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?
I'm moving off AWS MapReduce to our own cluster, I'm installing Hadoop on
Ubuntu Server 12.10.

I see a .deb installer and installed that, but it seems like files are all
over the place `/usr/share/Hadoop`, `/etc/hadoop`, `/usr/bin/hadoop`. And
the documentation is a bit harder to follow:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.2/cluster_setup.html

So I just wonder if this installer is the best approach, or if it'll be
easier/better to just install the basic build in /opt/hadoop and perhaps the
docs become easier to follow. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

+
Nitin Pawar 2013-03-28, 06:22
+
Ted Dunning 2013-03-28, 07:55
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-03-28, 19:48
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-03-29, 09:59