Avro >> mail # user >> Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec

Re: Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Tatu Saloranta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>> I was talking about what is allowed in map keys, not values -- if map
>> keys were able to be anything other than strings, Avro could not be
>> mapped to JSON.
>
> JSON does not limit keys in any ways, so this is not true.

I was talking about member names, not member values ;)

> But maybe you mean that Avro could not be mapped to JSON constrained
> by a specific kind of JSON Schema.
> I think Avro actually handles this part in more pragmatic terms than
> JSON Schema, since many programming languages have clear distinction
> between typed objects (in Java, POJOs) and untyped "hash table" like
> structure (Maps).

Yes, that is true, but on the other hand not all data is destined to
be mapped to POJOs ;)

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com