HBase, mail # dev - Performances Tests

Re: Performances Tests
lars hofhansl 2013-03-17, 20:19
Thanks J-M, so that should be easy to reproduce. I'll try.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Performances Tests

@Lars: here is an example of what I use
for i in {1..10}; do echo; echo -n $i ; rm -rf /tmp/*;
bin/start-hbase.sh; sleep 60; bin/hbase
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation sequentialWrite 1;
bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation --rows=100
filterScan 1; bin/stop-hbase.sh; done &>> output.txt

Giving only 1 as the readers allow to not launch the test as a MR. I
have not try the same tests with a bigger number, but I can.

@Andy: LoadTestTool is also on my list, but for YCSB it's a but harder
since I will need more than one dedicated computer. But I will look at
it too. I might be able to remove 1 node from my cluster and dedicate
it to the tests when required...
I will be pretty buzy next week, but before next week-end I will try
to prepare the LoadTestTool scripts to run something similar. With
multiple scenarios, like with and whithout bloom, etc.

If yu have any recommandation/request, feel free! I will come back
soon with some additionnal numbers.

JM