Accumulo >> mail # user >> Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo

Re: Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo

On Apr 25, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Jared winick wrote:

> Aaron, I am using EBS now and I haven't seen any problems, that said my load is obviously not extreme.  When I initially moved things from my home workstation to EC2, I had a few months of tweets to ingest. For that initial ingest I did run with local instance storage as I saw extremely variable performance when I first tried EBS. The instance storage was better, though not as good as what I see on bare metal.

Thanks for the info. I get the sense that you can scale up a single server more easily using EBS since you can attach like 10 volumes and RAID them up together. More vols might mean less variability too depending on how you configure RAID.