HDFS >> mail # dev >> The lease hard limit is 1 hour and in another client want to append to a file need to wait for 1 hour?

+
Yanbo Liang 2012-10-18, 08:44
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-10-18, 09:17
Re: The lease hard limit is 1 hour and in another client want to append to a file need to wait for 1 hour?
The answer is useful, thanks to all of you.

2012/10/18 Uma Maheswara Rao G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
>  I am assuming that your actual client crashed. and another Client wants
> to append to same file which not closed by previous client.
>
> Generally we will append to the files which are in closed state. In your
> case file is still in open state.
>  So, you can call explicite recoverLease, so that file will be closed and
> then you can append the file.
> If you call directly append with out explicte receoverLease, it will check
> whether softlimit(1 min) expired.  If soft limit expired, then append call
> it self will trigger the recover lease and append call will get exception
> saying try again later and recovery in progress.
>
> Regards,
> Uma

+
Harsh J 2012-10-18, 09:13