Alright, repeated my previous exercise with the RC. For both the source and
- Signatures and message digests: Good
- LICENSE, NOTICE and a README.txt: Good
- CHANGES.txt for the three sub-projects: Nested inside but good.
- releasenotes.html: Nested inside again, but good.
- Compiled the bintar from the expanded sources artifact, and verified
that build runs fine.
Testing: Same tests, secure mode, on a single node.
- Started HDFS daemons in secure mode running as 'hdfs' user, created
- Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager -
running as 'mapred' user.
- With a replaced 32-bit LinuxContainerExecutor binary, ran wordcount,
pi, sort, grep as a user different from hdfs/mapred and they all succeed.
Alpha it is, but helps to get folks on-boarded sooner than later.
With that, here's my +1 for this release candidate.
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've created a new release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would
> like to release:
> I've incorporated f/b about the previous RC (rc1) and fixed license
> headers and also published signed jars to Apache staging maven repo.
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.