Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc2

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc2
Alright, repeated my previous exercise with the RC. For both the source and
binary artifacts
 - Signatures and message digests: Good
 - LICENSE, NOTICE and a README.txt: Good
 - CHANGES.txt for the three sub-projects: Nested inside but good.
 - releasenotes.html: Nested inside again, but good.
 - Compiled the bintar from the expanded sources artifact, and verified
that build runs fine.

Testing: Same tests, secure mode, on a single node.
  - Started HDFS daemons in secure mode running as 'hdfs' user, created
directories.
  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager -
running as 'mapred' user.
  - With a replaced 32-bit LinuxContainerExecutor binary, ran wordcount,
pi, sort, grep as a user different from hdfs/mapred and they all succeed.

Alpha it is, but helps to get folks on-boarded sooner than later.

With that, here's my +1 for this release candidate.

Thanks,
+Vinod