Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Change HBase version string from 0.95.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.95.0-hadoop1-SNAPSHOT and 0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT?

+
Stack 2013-03-29, 15:50
+
Wing Yew Poon 2013-03-29, 18:22
+
Stack 2013-03-29, 18:31
+
Wing Yew Poon 2013-03-29, 18:41
+
Stack 2013-03-29, 19:23
+
Wing Yew Poon 2013-03-29, 20:29
+
Stack 2013-03-29, 20:48
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-29, 22:59
+
Stack 2013-03-29, 23:50
Re: Change HBase version string from 0.95.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.95.0-hadoop1-SNAPSHOT and 0.95.0-hadoop2-SNAPSHOT?
I also would rather abstain from classifiers approach despite this particular
usecase to be their original intention  (see a good discussion here
http://is.gd/PH1FPU). I found them particularly painful in Ivy environment,
but it might be "somebody else problem" ;)

May be version strings isn't that bad an idea after all? All other things
being equal of course :/

Cos

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:59PM, Enis Söztutar wrote:
> I remember to trying the classifiers approach, and cannot getting it to
> work, but I don't remember the specifics. If we can get it working, than I
> would vote for the specifiers option as long as it also works with test
> jars, and maven deploy.
> I think it was in this issue:
>
> I can't see the classifier in the published pom:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/avro/avro/1.7.3/avro-1.7.3.pom
>
> Enis
>

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Wing Yew Poon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I am far from being a maven expert and I also may not understand your
> > > requirements. However, as far as the avro-mapred jar goes, I am able
> > > to get the one I want in my projects by using something like
> > >
> > > <dependency>
> > >   <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
> > >   <artifactId>avro-mapred</artifactId>
> > >   <version>1.7.3</version>
> > >   <classifier>hadoop2</classifier>
> > > </dependency>
> > >
> > > If all your users need is the ability to get the correct version
> > > (hadoop1 vs hadoop2) of hbase jars for their projects, I imagine doing
> > > it the same way as avro-mapred should work. But please consult your
> > > maven experts.
> > >

> > This could work.
> >
> > I would go through everywhere we produce a jar and add in the envClassifer
> > doo-hickey.  Would have to run build twice to get both sets of artifacts.
> >
> > @Bigtoppers Would doing the above be enough for your purposes?
> >
> > St.Ack

+
Stack 2013-03-30, 04:50