Hadoop, mail # dev - Hadoop build slaves software

+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-04, 07:24
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-01-04, 17:31
Re: Hadoop build slaves software
Rajiv Chittajallu 2013-01-04, 18:59
asf008 has been up for a while. It was probably just added as a slave.

All the dependencies should probably be installed in a build_prefix, to
avoid conflict to OS specific packages and allows multiple projects to
build on the same machines. This is an better alternative to
provisioning vms for unique builds.

-rajive

Giridharan Kesavan wrote on 01/04/13 at 09:31:55 -0800:
>   Im on it
>   �
>   -Giri
>
>   On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Todd Lipcon <[1][EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>     Hey folks,
>
>     It looks like hadoop8 has recently come back online as a build slave,
>     but is failing all the builds because it has an ancient version of
>     protobuf (2.2.0):
>     todd@asf008:~$ protoc �--version
>     libprotoc 2.2.0
>
>     In contrast, other slaves have 2.4.1:
>     todd@asf001:~$ protoc --version
>     libprotoc 2.4.1
>
>     asf001 has the newer protoc in /usr/local/bin but asf008 does not.
>     Does anyone know how software is meant to be deployed on these build
>     slaves? I'm happy to download and install protobuf 2.4.1 into
>     /usr/local on asf008 if manual installation is the name of the game,
>     but it seems like we should be doing something a little more
>     reproducible than one-off builds by rando developers to manage our
>     toolchain on the Jenkins slaves.
>     -Todd
>     --
>     Todd Lipcon