Accumulo >> mail # user >> increase "running scans" in monitor?

Re: increase "running scans" in monitor?
Hi Keith,

I think I concluded that my map task is a little more CPU-bound, and when
I'm not in my map code I'm running scans, thus, if I'm running a lot of
scans, I'm not spending enough time in my map task. Sound reasonable? We
were pointed to this due to a customer who indicated that maybe we had a
setting wrong as to be "not seeing enough scans" given the map task slot
count.

Our use of accumulo is fairly basic at this point. Our map task could work
fine with a SequenceFile or MapFile directly, but we went with HBase and
then Accumulo because we will need to add/remove single pieces of data
regularly, which doesn't really scale with the direct-HDFS approach. As
such, my mapreduce jobs are using the AccumuloRowInputFormat and operating
on every row in sequence, no explicit other iterators, no locality, no
authorizations.

I will run listscans next time I'm running and see if it paints a better
picture.

Thanks for writing back!

Marc

http://saucyandbossy.wordpress.com