Avro >> mail # user >> Has anyone developed a utility to tell what is missing from a record?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-04-04, 13:58
Re: Has anyone developed a utility to tell what is missing from a record?
I think this would be tremendously useful.

I am working - in my copious spare time - on improving schema validation in
the Python library, and I think I can see how to improve things there by
extending the data/schema parallel recursion to keep track of position in
each.

Jeremy
On Apr 4, 2013 6:58 AM, "Jonathan Coveney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm working on migrating an internally developed serialization format to
> Avro. In the process, there have been many cases where I made a mistake
> migrating the schema (I've automated it), and then avro cries that a record
> I'm trying to serialize doesn't match the schema. Generally, the error it
> gives doesn't help find the actual issue, and for a big enough record
> finding the issue can be tedious.
>
> I've thought about making a tool which, given the schema and the record
> would tell you what the issue is, but I'm wondering if this already exists?
> I suppose the error message could also include this information...
>
> Thanks
> Jon

+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-04-04, 16:02