Zookeeper >> mail # user >> compiling c client on solaris/sparc

+
Botond Hejj 2011-05-20, 15:06
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-05-20, 17:01
Re: compiling c client on solaris/sparc
Hi Patrick,

I see there is an asm/atomic.h on linux with atomic_add but that also
doesn't look like a cross platform solution. It also have basically the same
assembly code inside. Still it is probably a good idea to use that instead
of the assembly.

There is an atomic_add solution for solaris 10 as well but it is placed to a
different directory
http://graegert.com/programming/using-atomic-operations-in-c-on-solaris-10

I will look into adding this as ifdef but it wouldn't work for older solaris
builds unfortunately.

Thanks for the pointers,
Botond