Accumulo, mail # dev - Merging Practices

Re: Merging Practices
Christopher 2013-07-07, 22:16
The 1.4 modules don't merge properly to 1.5. So long as we're certain
that everything has been merged correctly and there isn't any actual
changes to make, we could do:

foreach <subdirectory> in branches/1.4.3/src/*
  svn merge -r 1:HEAD --record-only branches/1.4/src/<subdirectory>
branches/1.5/<subdirectory>

Record-only merges will update the merge history to reflect the fact
that these directories are up-to-date. After that, a regular merge
from branches/1.5/ to trunk/ should go cleanly.

This may also help the transition to git.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii