Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Merging Practices

Re: Merging Practices
The 1.4 modules don't merge properly to 1.5. So long as we're certain
that everything has been merged correctly and there isn't any actual
changes to make, we could do:

foreach <subdirectory> in branches/1.4.3/src/*
  svn merge -r 1:HEAD --record-only branches/1.4/src/<subdirectory>
branches/1.5/<subdirectory>

Record-only merges will update the merge history to reflect the fact
that these directories are up-to-date. After that, a regular merge
from branches/1.5/ to trunk/ should go cleanly.

This may also help the transition to git.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii