HDFS >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-04-22, 16:48
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-04-23, 08:08
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-25, 21:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 17:29
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 23:06
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-27, 04:43
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-27, 05:26
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:34
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:55
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 17:02
+
Tsz Wo \ 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Devaraj Das 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-27, 17:41
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:36
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 05:18
+
Hairong 2011-04-27, 17:46
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 04:56
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-28, 13:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-28, 18:02
+
Owen OMalley 2011-04-27, 20:53
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:44
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 05:12
Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
On Apr 27, 2011, at 10:12 PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:

> The question is whether this is a
> * Code Change,
> which requires Lazy consensus of active committers or a
> * Adoption of New Codebase,
> which needs Lazy 2/3 majority of PMC members

This is a code change, just like all of our jiras. The standard rules of at least one +1 on the jira and no -1's apply.

Adoption of new codebase is adopting a new subproject or completely replacing trunk.

> Lazy consensus requires 3 binding +1 votes and no binding vetoes.

This was clarified in the bylaws back in November.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201011.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

Where it was modified to:

Lazy consensus of active committers, but with a minimum of
one +1. The code can be committed after the first +1.

-- Owen
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-28, 22:12
+