HBase >> mail # user >> Question about HFile seeking

+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 20:56
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 21:03
+
Stack 2013-05-16, 21:30
+
Stack 2013-05-16, 21:30
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 21:42
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 21:55
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-16, 22:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-17, 06:32
+
Stack 2013-05-17, 06:53
+
Stack 2013-05-16, 21:50
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-17, 07:22
Re: Question about HFile seeking
Generally we start with seeking on all the Hfiles corresponding to the
region and load the blocks that correspond to that row key specified in the
scan.

If row1 and row1c are in the same block then we may start with row1.  If
they are in different blocks then we will start with the block containing
row1c.

Also as the Prefixfilter is getting used here so once we have hit the first
row in the block we keep scanning till the filterRowKey() says we have
arrived at a row that matches the prefix.
One more thing it will do is once the prefix matches are over (this will
happen because they are lexographically sorted) we will ignore all other
keys greater than what prefixfilter needs.

Regards
Ram