Pig >> mail # user >> Replacing string in input parameter

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-26, 03:35
Re: Replacing string in input parameter
Take a look at http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/cont.html#Parameter-Sub-
Specifying Parameters Using the Declare Statement.

You can do this in your case
%declare page_input_path `echo $input_path | sed 's/output/output\/page/g'`

Or you can use embedded python (
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/cont.html#embed-python) to bind the
input and output after manipulating the parameters using python.

Regards,
Rohini
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I am trying to replace string in the input parameter. Is something like
> this possible? I am passing comma separated list of dirs and I have several
> sub dirs that I need to read from individually in those dirs so that after
>

> pig -p
>
> input_path="/user/apuser/web-analytics/flume-output//2012/12/21/13/output,/user/apuser/web-analytics/flume-output//2012/12/21/14/output"
> new_m.pig
>
> %declare page_input_path REPLACE($input_path,"output","output/page")
>
> %declare network_input_path REPLACE($input_path,"output","output/network")

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-27, 18:34