Hive >> mail # dev >> Hive install doc: "$ ant package"

Re: Hive install doc: "$ ant package"
Lefty, please see my comments below.

> The current distribution directory is located at
> >

> packaging/target/apache-hive-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/apache-hive-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/,
> > which corresponds to previous build/dist/.
>
> The wiki needs a generic location, since we can't update it with every
> release (and people might install an older version).
> So would this work, or is the location variable?
>
> packaging/target/apache-hive-*<release_string>*-bin/apache-hive-
> *<release_string>*-bin/

This seems fine, but I think this might be changing over time in the 0.13
release as maven is just introduced.  I would think keeping existing
build/dist (such as create a soft link to the versioned folder above) might
be viable. Feel free to log a JIRA.

> Also, when you say the first maven command needs -Pdist, do you mean this?
>
> mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pdist
> cd itests
> mvn clean install -DskipTests

Yes. -Pdist is needed to generated the dist directory.