Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop Development and the new Oracle's Plans

+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2011-03-02, 17:05
+
Steve Loughran 2011-03-03, 10:43
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-03-03, 16:10
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-03-03, 16:13
Re: Hadoop Development and the new Oracle's Plans

> The other issue is that a lot of people out there use Mac laptops for
> their development, and until java7 ships for the mac, nobody who has a
> mac will be able to develop any Java 7 code. That's another reason for
> Hadoop staying on Java6
>
> What could be interesting would be for Hadoop to have more scala
> integration. I think there are some good arguments for us moving some
> of the high level code to that language, within the JVM, rather than
> follow the oracle roadmap.

Regards, Steve and all the list.
I'm very interested on the Scala integration for the high level code of
Hadoop. Is there any discussion about it?
Any JIRA issue?
Ideas?

I would like to work on this, so I will keep on mind this topic.
Thanks

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer