MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 19:07
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-21, 07:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-29, 22:00
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-07-03, 07:24
I committed MAPREDUCE-5358 to branch-2 but did not commit it to
branch-2.1-beta since it wasn't a blocker and Arun was in the middle of
cutting the release.

Arun, if you feel it's appropriate to put this in branch-2.1-beta feel
free to pull it in or let me know.  Thanks!

Jason

On 07/03/2013 02:24 AM, Tsuyoshi OZAWA wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> Some bug fixes about MapReduce should be included in next release.
> MAPREDUCE-5221 should be merged because it's a lost feature of MRv2
> compared to MRv1.
> MAPREDUCE-5358 and MAPREDUCE-5335 are very trivial fixes, so it can be
> merged immediately.
>
> # I sent the previous email only to hdfs-dev, so I resending it.
> # I apologize for my mistake.
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would like to get released.
>>
>> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (639 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
>> # HDFS Snapshots
>> # Windows support
>> # YARN API stabilization
>> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
>> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the ecosystem
>>
>> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
>> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc0

>> thanks,
>> Arun