Hadoop >> mail # user >> Can we configure two or more datanode under pseudo-distributed mode?

Re: Can we configure two or more datanode under pseudo-distributed mode?
You can run multiple data nodes on the same machine.
You should create a separate config directory for each dn.
The following stuff needs to be created
hdfs-site.xml
Pid/log/data/tmp dirs
log4.properties
Master/slaves
And then start these data nodes
( something like this: bin/hdfs --config $DIR/dn$i datanode >
$DIR/dn$i/log/datanode_log$i.log 2>&1&)
Or you can look at MiniDFSCluster