Drill >> mail # dev >> Another pair of eyes...

Another pair of eyes...
Hi Drillers,

I am having problems integrating the logical plan reference interpreter with the Optiq plans that I generate to implement SQL. Specifically with which "wrapper" elements I should expect to wrap the rows that come out of the reference interpreter.

I'd appreciate if another Drill developer could run my code in a debugger and see whether I am generating the wrong logical plan, or interpreting its results wrongly, or whether the reference interpreter is broken. In other words, I'd like to borrow another pair of eyes. Any volunteers?

Download the "optiq" branch from my github fork:

$ git clone [EMAIL PROTECTED]:julianhyde/incubator-drill.git
$ cd incubator-drill
$ git checkout optiq

Then run the "testCount" method of sandbox/prototype/sqlparser/src/test/java/org/apache/drill/jdbc/test/JdbcTest.java. It ought to return something like this:

C=1; DEPTID=null
C=2; DEPTID=34
C=2; DEPTID=33
C=1; DEPTID=31

but actually returns this:

C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=null, LASTNAME=John}
C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=34, LASTNAME=Robinson}
C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=33, LASTNAME=Steinburg}
C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=31, LASTNAME=Rafferty}
C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=33, LASTNAME=Jones}
C=1; DEPTID={DEPTID=34, LASTNAME=Smith}

As you can see, the DEPTID column has an extra level of nesting. I print the logical plan to stdout, so see whether that makes sense.

Julian