HBase >> mail # user >> Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?

+
Amit Sela 2012-12-05, 12:35
Re: Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?
Why not simply send Increment objects from the client side to HBase, to the URL row key and to the domain row key?

On 5 בדצמ 2012, at 14:35, Amit Sela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to count the occurrence of URLs in our system using the URL as row
> key and using Increment.
> I also want to count domains, so I was thinking of using RegionObserver
> coprocessor on postIncrement() and Increment using the domain as key.
>
> Will that work ? Is there a problem if the url key starts with 'www.' and
> the domain starts with 'aaaa' ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amit.