HBase >> mail # user >> Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?

Re: Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?
Why not simply send Increment objects from the client side to HBase, to the URL row key and to the domain row key?