HBase >> mail # user >> Lucene instead of HFiles?

Re: Lucene instead of HFiles?
Hi Lars,

Yeah, maybe.  Somewhere in the back of my head was a completely fuzzy
idea that if one were to sneak in Lucene at that low level one could
get that full-text search over HBase data that comes up periodically.
Also, I was thinking, having Lucene down there could make it possible
to get ad-hoc reports on data in HBase and one wouldn't have to figure
out the key structure ahead of time.

But I think Jacques makes a good point - there are already
ElasticSearch and Solr.  They are full-text search engines, but people
also use them for pure boolean matching, as key value stores, etc.

Otis