Accumulo, mail # user - High Ingest on a single server [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Re: High Ingest on a single server [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Eric Newton 2013-08-29, 13:22
The balancers that ship with accumulo attempt to keep an equal number of
tablets on each server.  An empty tablet, will be balanced with the same
weight as a 50G tablet.

You can write a new balancer to take advantage of the properties of the
tablets, and any expected hotspots you have.