Pig >> mail # user >> escaping comments for shell commands

escaping comments for shell commands
Does anyone know if it's possible to escape -- style comments?  I'd like to
pass some arguments to a command I'm running with 'sh', but they're being
interpreted as comments and truncating the command.

Here's an example:

sh ls --PigIgnoresThisBecauseItThinksItIsAComment /foo

Thanks,
Doug