Hive >> mail # user >> Creating Hbase table with pre-splitted regions using Hive QL

Re: Creating Hbase table with pre-splitted regions using Hive QL
I doubt you can do that directly through the HIVE interface right now
(atleast from what I know).

Why don't you create a wrapper around the hive create table command i.e.
write a simple java utility which will take your region split arguments,
create a hbase table in code with the pre-split criteria (you should be
able to search for examples online) and then create a hive table for the
newly created hbase table via hive thrift api  ?

-Viral