HDFS, mail # user - Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration

Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration
Mohammad Tariq 2012-07-17, 11:49
Hello Yuvrajsinh,

        Hadoop provides us web interfaces using which we can see the
status of our cluster to check if everything is ok. Simply point your
web browser to http://namenode_host:50070(for Hdfs status) and to
http://jobtracker_host:50030(for MapReduce status). Apart from this
just give a try to few basic shell commands to see if everything is
going fine(like bin/hadoop fs -ls /, bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /testdir
etc). Also try to run the wordcount program once.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq