HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration

Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration
Hello Yuvrajsinh,

        Hadoop provides us web interfaces using which we can see the
status of our cluster to check if everything is ok. Simply point your
web browser to http://namenode_host:50070(for Hdfs status) and to
http://jobtracker_host:50030(for MapReduce status). Apart from this
just give a try to few basic shell commands to see if everything is
going fine(like bin/hadoop fs -ls /, bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /testdir
etc). Also try to run the wordcount program once.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq