HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi St.Ack,
>
> Thanks for this release!
>
> Is there a way to run the test suite on the binary packages? Or we can only
> run the tests on the source distribution?

The bin packages don't have poms so mvn is all confused if you ask it to
run the tests.

You might be able to fake out junit to run them since the bin package
includes the tests jar but it looks like we would need to bundle the
hamcrest jar (IIRC, we exclude it explicitly because could not see why we'd
want it at runtime -- smile):

durruti:hbase-0.96.0-hadoop2 stack$ ./bin/hbase  org.junit.runner.JUnitCore
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestKeyValue
JUnit version 4.11
org/hamcrest/SelfDescribing
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

You'd have name each test explicitly also.

So, yeah, use the -src package to run unit tests since it has poms, etc.

For integration tests, hbase-it tests, see 16.7.5 section in here
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.tests  You should be able to run
those in binary package.

Thanks JMS,
St.Ack