HBase, mail # dev - Few questions on "how to start"..

Few questions on "how to start"..
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-07, 12:54
Hi,

I have a question regarding spacing (code formating) on the code.

When we have an array in parameters, we have to add a space after the
type, like that:

private static byte [] binaryIncrementNeg(byte [] value, long amount) {

Same for the returned type.

But when it's in the code sometime there is no space:
final Iterator<byte[]> iterator = new Iterator<byte[]>() {

Should  there be always a space before the []? What's the rules about that?

Also, I'm using Eclipse. I was able to configure the repository
correctly, but is there an "easy" way to setup the build paths, etc.?
So now, I have simply added all the libs into trunk/lib, but seems
that I'm still missing some, like org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils,
sun.misc.Unsafe and com.google.common.annotations.VisibleForTesting. I
can search for the jars and add them manually, but I think it's
telling me that I have not configured the things correctly.  I have
added branches/0.94/src/test/java and branches/0.94/src/main/java as
sources directories.

My goal is to be able to run the test classes to validate that the
code I'm proposing is working fine. I don't necessary want to run
HBase directly from Eclipse, but will still be a nice to have.

Can you please let me know how I should do to configure my local
project correctly?

Thanks,

JM