Hive >> mail # user >> unable to create a table in hive

Re: unable to create a table in hive
hive-site.xml will be placed under your hive conf directory.

anyway, try using location flag to your ddl like below
CREATE TABLE TABLE_A (EMPLOYEE_ID INT, EMPLOYEE_NAME STRING,
EMPLOYEE_LOCATION STRING, EMPLOYEE_DEPT STRING) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS
TERMINATED BY '|' STORED AS TEXTFILE LOCATION '/home/storage/user/hive/
warehouse/TABLE_A'

--
Nitin Pawar