Hadoop, mail # general - SF Hadoop meetup report

SF Hadoop meetup report
Aaron Kimball 2011-02-11, 22:43
Hadoop fans,

This week we held the second SF Hadoop meetup. About 70 individuals
attended, and we again had several great discussions in parallel, using the
same unconference format as the first meetup in January.

The following break-out sessions were held:
* Hadoop and Workflow Systems
* Feeding Hadoop
* Contributing to Hadoop and Related Projects
* Hive Q&A
* Hadoop + RDBMS
* Hadoop and Predictive Analytics
* Hadoop in Amazon
* HBase: What is the sweet spot?
* Hardware for Hadoop
* Hadoop Security

For some discussions, summary notes are available; these will be posted at
http://www.meetup.com/hadoopsf/messages/boards/

Thanks again to our hosts at CBS Interactive for providing the space for
this meetup. I would also like to thank the discussion facilitators, and all
the attendees for contributing to the success of the discussions.

Stay tuned for the next SF Hadoop meetup announcement! Sign up at
http://www.meetup.com/hadoopsf/

Regards,
- Aaron Kimball